If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must call to cancel the appointment no later than 48 hours before the scheduled time. If you fail to cancel your appointment or fail to show up for the appointment, you will be charged a no show fee of $50.00 per occurrence. There is a fee of $100.00 per occurrence for Procedure appointments. You will be solely responsible for the payment of this charge. Repeated no shows and cancellations of your scheduled appointments may result in your being discharged from care at Cincinnati Comprehensive Pain Center. You will be referred back to your primary care physician.
PRE PROCEDURE MEDICATION RECOMMENDATIONS
This applies to you if you are taking a medication that thins your blood. YOU MUST obtain medical clearance to discontinue medication from your Primary Care Practitioner, AND then stop the medication before the Pain Procedure as follows:
1) Aspirin & Aspirin-containing products: a) may continue taking as prescribed unless specifically instructed by your pain physician.
2) Coumadin (warfarin): a) stop 5 days before your appointment. b) go to the lab at least one day before your appointment time to have your blood drawn. c) contact coumadin clinic that assists you in obtaining medical clearance and for full instructions regarding going off and back on your coumadin.
3) Plavix (clopidogrel) or Pletal (cilostazol) or Persantine (dipyridamole): a) stop 7 days before your appointment. b) you are responsible to contact your primary care provider for medical clearance to stop this medication. c) you do not need to have any blood drawn before the pain procedure.
4) Ticlopidine (Ticlid) a) stop 10 days before your appointment. b) you are responsible to contact your primary care provider for medical clearance to stop this medication. c) you do not need to have any blood drawn before the pain procedure.
5) NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs): a) may continue taking as prescribed unless specifically instructed by your pain physician.
6) Levonox/Fragmin/Arixtra: a) do not take for 24 hours before your pain procedure.
7) High blood pressure, heart medications and blood sugar medications: a) most of these medications should be continued unless specifically instructed. please inform your doctor about these medications.
8) Pain medications: a) pain medications may be continued to the day of the procedure and taken with a sip of water.
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
You have received a treatment to disrupt the specific nerve sending pain signals to your brain. Certain precautions and instructions indicated below should be followed.
- Rest on the day of the procedure, increase activity as tolerated.
- Do not drive vehicles, operate hazardous equipment, make complex legal decisions or sign any legal documents for at least 24 hrs after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours.
- You may experience temporary numbness or weakness in your legs/arms.
- Use an ice-pack to your back/neck for 10-15 mins every 2 hrs for the 1st 24 hours. Do not put ice directly on your skin.
- Avoid prolonged immersion, or bathing for 24 hours. You may shower.
- Resume your normal diet.
- May take all previous medications.
- Take prescriptions/medications as ordered.
If NOT ALLERGIC, you should take OTC Ibuprofen/ Motrin as directed on the bottle for 72 hrs. Although some discomfort is common, please call your physician promptly if you experience any of the following in the next 36 hours:
- Abnormal or excessive bleeding
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Any problem with passing urine
- Changes or significant increase in severity of pain.
- Increased or persistent redness around procedure site or fever (temperature more than 100° F) and chills.
- Transportation Home
Patients must have a responsible adult to drive him/her home.
Remember: you will not know the full benefit from this procedure for 5- 10 days and some procedures may take longer for their full effect.
For your convenience, Cincinnati Comprehensive Pain Center accepts most major insurance plans. This list is not entirely inclusive of all plans we accept. For specific insurance plan inquiries, please contact the office.
- Anthem BCBS
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- Coventry Health Care
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Molina Healthcare of Ohio
- Ohio Health Choice
- Paramount Healthcare
- Railroad Medicare-Palmetto
- Tricare North
- United American Insurance Company
- US Department of Labor